West Point, GA – Point Broadband, a fiber-fed, Wireless Internet Service Provider (WISP), based in West Point, Georgia announced today that their network upgrade in Atmore, AL has been completed. Earlier this year, Point Broadband received notice from West Escambia Utilities that it would need to begin months-long required maintenance on the Trammell Street water tower, which Point Broadband had used as its primary location for distribution of fixed wireless LTE Internet service to Atmore.
Point Broadband decided to utilize this opportunity to upgrade its service to provide further reach and faster service to new and existing customers in the Atmore area. In order to accomplish this, Point Broadband needed to identify a taller vertical asset in a central location that would be most beneficial to future customers and especially its current customers.
While this move would give Point Broadband further reach, it was imperative that the company ensure the process went as smoothly as possible for existing customers. Through a dedicated team working around the clock during the week of September 5-10, 2018, Point Broadband was able to accomplish this initiative with excellence. After the conclusion of this process, Point Broadband sent out a survey to its current customers, asking how this upgrade process had impacted them.
Here are some of the results of that survey:
- 94% would recommend Point Broadband to a neighbor or friend without hesitation
- 93% Customer Service experience during this upgrade was Positive
- 93% describe their Internet Service quality from Point Broadband as Positive
- 89% If an on-site visit was necessary, customer interaction with Point Broadband’s technician was Positive
In addition, several Point Broadband Atmore customers stated concerning this upgrade transition:
- “Awesome switch over, the reception has improved very good. Thank you and company for making our lives easier with very affordable services. Cream of the crop!”
- “My wife and I were very impressed that we never noticed our service being down. I also really like the personal phone call and letter from your company informing us of the potential loss of service.”
- “Point Broadband kept us up to date, and when we had a little problem, they fixed it pronto.”
- “Nice guy, new what he (PBB’s Service Technician) was doing, diagnosed the problem even before he checked it, fixed the problem, and was gone in about 10 minutes. Great service.”
Point Broadband would like to thank West Escambia Utilities for its professionalism and dedication to excellence during this transition. Point continues to partner with WEU and looks forward to working with them on future projects.
Point Broadband offers 10Mbps and 20Mbps service for residential and business customers ranging from $49 to $99 per month, with a one-time standard installation fee. Point Broadband features no throttling, no data caps, and no contracts, as well as contract relief assistance for those who are currently stuck in a contract with other providers. Higher speeds and customized service offerings are also available for select homes and businesses up to 100Mb.
If you are interested in having Point Broadband provide Internet service to your home or business, please fill out a short form at https://pointbb.wpengine.com/contact-2/ to get started.
About Point Broadband
Point Broadband is headquartered in West Point, Georgia. We are a proud subsidiary of ITC Capital Partners, LLC. ITC has a century long history of providing innovative communication solutions to its customers, with a focus on serving the communities where its customers live. ITC has been successful building, owning and operating wireless networks and broadband businesses over many years.
We want to be more than just your Internet provider. We want to help customers connect friends and family, help businesses connect with more customers, and just simply make the world a better place. With no monthly usage data caps and no contracts, our customers have the flexibility to connect with anyone, anywhere, at any time. (point-broadband.com)